Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Last Blog

I was supposed to write my 5th blog a few days ago but by then I had lost almost all motivation to blog on here. I don't understand how some people can blog multiple times a week. Who has the time to do that? Just writing these 5 blogs has put me behind in little ways. Another thing. Not to be rude or to offend anyone who does blog on a daily or frequent basis but I feel that the whole "online journal" part of blogs is a bit narcassistic. It's one thing if you have a legitimate purpose ( i.e. you're getting paid to do it, traveling abroad)but I would just feel completely full of myself if I were to put so much time and effort into talking about myself all the time. Is it contradicting that I don't necessarily view most bloggers that way? Or that I actually enjoy reading the ramblings of other people's inner-thoughts? Maybe so...I really can't explain it.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I don't even feel like I can honestly discuss a lot of things that I am experiencing or thinking without suffering repercutions of some sort or feeling negatively judged. One thing that I've learned from going to a school like Schreiner is that you must be VERY careful about what you say if you don't want it to be repeated or don't want people to judge you. Let's say that I were to discuss some of the things going on right now that I'm not too keen about discussing on the internet. They'd probably consist of the following:


My Top 10 Things that I'm Hesitant to Blog About:
1. My weekend at home for the first time this year.
2. How fat my precious, cuddly, silly dog is getting and all the funny things she did today. (Really, who wants to hear that?!)
3. How much and why a specific student in one of my classes pisses me off every time they open their mouth in class. I literally have to bite my tongue on occassion.
4. Why I think menstrual cramps should be illegalized.
5. The weird things I daydream about that would creep people out. For instance, the image I get in my head when I picture humans having knees that bend the other way and what we would look like sitting down or how we would walk.
6. Why we should offer Paris Hilton to the Somali pirates in exchange for hostages. Because obviously, sending her to jail didn't do anything.
7. The unavoidable saddness that will come with my closest friends graduating next month and best friend from home moving to Canada.
8. The things that make me sad (including #7)and the things that make me happy (including #2).
9. Why it sucks to both a "curvy" and short girl when shopping for clothes and how it makes me feel...not to be a "Debbie Downer" or anything, right?
10.Reasons why I will never be caught dead driving or riding in a smart car.


So that's all the blogging I can handle for a while. Yes, it has been fun in some ways and I've enjoyed getting feedback but it hasn't done much for me personally. Now leave a last comment (if you choose to do so) and go read Hannah's blog for our project at
http://hannahjclark.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Ok, as a multiple-times-per-week-blogger, I feel I must stick up for myself and other fellow bloggers. Sure, it might be narcissistic; however, a blog is the blogger's space and for others to read it means they take an interest in what the blogger writes. If no one takes an interest, that's fine. The fact that the online journal is public makes no difference, it just means that the blogger is more comfortable sharing their reflections with the entire world, should the entire world choose to read them. I do hope you'll understand the purpose of blogging, but even if you don't, it will still be here.

    And P.S. Weird things you daydream about, totally fair game to blog about. (: In fact, it might be highly entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should post the reasons why you would never drive a smart car. that would be a VERY interesting subject indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool, I can comment without an account. Ya know I used to have an account on here called "Adventure of a Texadian." Maybe I should revive that, eh?

    Anyway, blogging is fun sometimes, although I hate the word. I like your bliggity blog.

    That comment wasn't helpful at all was it?

    ReplyDelete